TORONTO – November 27, 2014 – Mackenzie Financial Corporation (Mackenzie Investments) is pleased to officially launch its long-term sponsorship of Snow Sports Canada this weekend at the Men’s Downhill and Super G Alpine World Cup at Lake Louise, Alberta followed by the Audi FIS Cross World Cup Ski Cross at Nakiska, Alberta on December 6th, where Mackenzie Investments is supporting sponsor.
“Mackenzie Investments commends the passion for excellence that these top performing athletes bring to their races and we look forward to following their achievements, as well as those of their peers in other snow sports, throughout this season,” said Jeff Carney, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mackenzie Investments.
Snow Sports Sponsorship
In September, Mackenzie Investments announced a long-term sponsorship of Snow Sports Canada, providing support to seven premier national snow sport organizations including Alpine Canada, Biathlon Canada, Canada Snowboard, Canadian Freestyle Ski Association, Cross Country Canada, Nordic Combined Canada and Ski Jumping Canada. Mackenzie Investments is also building on its long history of supporting grassroots alpine skiing in its home province through a new five-year partnership with Alpine Ontario. This weekend is the official launch of that sponsorship on the slopes.
Mackenzie Investments is proud to sponsor three-time Olympic downhill racer Manny Osborne-Paradis at Lake Louise this weekend.
“The support of Mackenzie Investments will underpin everything our athletes do to achieve results this season and beyond. We are extremely grateful for this commitment and know it will help advance our competitors to the podium,” said Mark Rubinstein, President and Chief Executive Officer of Alpine Canada Alpin.
Mackenzie Investments has also entered into an agreement to be presenting sponsor of broadcast coverage of snow sports – including races, interviews and commentary – on CBC, Sportsnet and Ski Television. Key events of the season include:
- Men’s Downhill and Super G Alpine World Cup, November 29-30, Lake Louise, Alberta
- FIS Cross World Cup Ski Cross, December 6, Nakiska, Alberta
- World Cup Moguls January 3, Calgary, Alberta
- World Cup Moguls February 7, Val Saint-Côme, Quebec
- Snowboard Jamboree February 20, 21, 22, Quebec City, Quebec
- NorAm Championships and National Championships Biathlon March 9-15, Hinton, Alberta
- National Championships Cross Country March 14-21, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Air Nation Freestyle Snowboard Nationals March 25-28, Whistler, British Columbia
For more information, please visit mackenzieinvestments.com